Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster



So I was sitting around the lunch/meeting/production/etc. table in our office eating my pizza with some co-workers shooting the breeze. You know what I am talking about, normal lunch time conversation with subjects such as: what did you do over the weekend, what are your plans this week, what are you eating, did you hear on the news..., etc. (I obviously love using .etc, which shows I am lazy and don't want to keep writing a list of things for you or it could show you that I know your time is valuable and I don't want to waste it by having you read a list of nothing because you already get the point). During the conversation (which is mostly based on the Mormon group that had been raided in Texas a couple weeks ago) about what we heard in the news, someone says "Hey, have you heard of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM)?" After the shock, laughter and brainstorming of other portions of the religion that we think there might be - we get serious and he actually tells us a little about it. He gives me the web site (http://www.venganza.org/), which of course I have to peruse to see what the hell is going on. There is a whole web site on what the religion is all about. You can purchase the FSM bible through Amazon in paperback or hardback. This may not be a serious thing, however, it has my attention and I am going to waste the rest of the day on this web site laughing my butt off. You should too!!

Enjoy the photos also and have a great day!







No comments: